Five things that made me happy today:
1. Walked the 1+ mile round trip to feed the pets this morning. At 630, when it’s somewhat cool and the sun hasn’t quite popped out of the horizon. And two or three people and multiple dogs are walking on every block.
2. Napped off and on all day with the side effects of my covid booster. Getting ready for an early bedtime. It’s good to have no deadlines for a few days. Tomorrow will be back to normal.
3. Looking forward to watching Sophie and the Rising Sun, I think it’s called. A really wonderful film that I recommended to a friend last night and put on my own viewing schedule for tonight. I do love it.
4. Watering my outdoor potted plants twice a day these days. I feel so farmer-ish. This pic is my mom, Dolly Foster, repotting ferns on my back deck in my favorite grown up house in Dallas. Big shady back deck with hot tub, lots of places to sit, overlooking a sometime creek, with 20 or 30 mature trees and a snag we left standing for the woodpecker. I miss that house.
5. Some wonderful zooms today. That technology has given me friends all over the place, much greater distances than I would drive.