Tuesday, July 5, 2022
Five things that made me happy today:
1. Dropped by to see a friend of many many years and her husband was home also. What a great, spontaneous visit in a home I used to be in often. Life changes and we focus on other things but it’s good to return, too.
2. Ruby had a breakthrough day with summer school. Doing a lot (comparatively speaking) and even seeking some technical help. Goodness.
3. Max coming home tomorrow from CO. Really looking forward to picking up the baton for Collin College and getting him squared away for fall before his next trip.
4. Repotted my heucheras (I always think huaraches), moved them to the front of the house where they nearly perished in the sun BUT a quick move to the shade plus some water perked those guys right up. I have a variety called Southern Comfort and the (healthy) leaves are whiskey colored. I hope I’ve found the right location for them. They may have to move inside for the rest of the summer.
5. While my hand roasts in the heating pad, I am watching the Ken Burns’ doc on Mental Health and it is really good. Of course, like watching more medical documentaries, I am sure that many folks I know have exactly that disease.
And you? What made you happy today? I’d love to hear about it.