FIVE THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY TODAY:
1. First day at Max and Ruby’s school where other children were attending class. Sometimes only Max and Ruby were at home. Hard adjustments all around but we came through it in pretty good spirits with some new ideas for collaborating.
2. Max scavenged through my refrigerator and made himself a pretty fabulous omelet. He’s a pretty good cook. He learned to cook watching videos, so he has some very professional gestures to selecting the proper tool and the proper pan and the proper moves.
3. My biggest bunny was back tonight after a few days away. (Eating someone else’s carrots, most likely!) He’s very recognizable.
4. Ruby spent part of the afternoon in “her room” upstairs, with all the things she carried here during the weekend. In class, with her computer. It’s a little bit weird to do school that way.
5. Met a new across-the-alley neighbor this morning. I’m looking forward to some cooler weather in a few weeks when more neighbors will be out in their yards. I like to know my neighbors!
And you? I love to hear what made you happy today. Or any day.