Revisit September 30, 2019
5 things that made me happy today:
1. Max got up sick. He has the same bug that Ruby and Mañin Soto have, I think. What made me happy was walking in to the clinic and back out in less than an hour, tested for strep, diagnosed (no strep, inner ear infection), prescriptions phoned in to pharmacy, etc. He spent most of the afternoon in bed but
2. Max and I cooked dinner for the family tonight. The old standby spaghetti meal but it was tasty.
3. My paper goes to the conference journal tomorrow. It’s as good as I can make it right now.
4. Wyatt the Bengal and Eloise his sister are hopping on their wheel once in a while now. I told them if they got really good I’d take a video. Sometimes they get on together, which is a sight.
5. Evelyn, the nurse who sees us at the clinic, calls me mama. I love it. She has the best “bedside” manner, a mix of professionalism and auntie-ness. Her accent is from the Caribbean or Africa. I’ll have to ask next time. I’m really focused on being cared for. The kids respond to her well.
How about you? What happened today to make you happy? I love to read about it.
23Diane Borgic, Victoria Sealy-Gillen and 21 others