Revisit September 24, 2019
5 things that made me happy today:
1. Finished one more draft of the paper and it’s out to my readers. I’d like to let it age for a day or so and leave it alone, but I keep thinking of things!
2. My backyard squirrel eats quite a variety. His latest “take” is a beyond-its-prime cucumber. I just tossed the whole thing out. He chewed up quite a bit but stopped each time he saw my moves in the door. I went away for about 15 minutes and the cucumber and the squirrel were gone when I got back. Note: the cucumber is about the size of the squirrel’s body. He must have been really determined.
3. Clouds this week are spectacular. One enormous, deep gray raincloud waltzed around overhead most of the afternoon, so heavy with rain, I expected a downpour. I kept wanting to take pictures, but really, cloud pictures?
4. Max and I made a good dinner while Ruby and Mañin Soto went to soccer practice. Then we had quite a family dinner and conversation about money, rich people, finishing high school, and buying an enormous house with room for everything anyone wanted to do.
5. Then the boys did the dishes while I drove home for a good night’s sleep!
How about you? What happened today to make you happy? I’d love to read.