FIVE THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY TODAY:
1. A really healthy looking coyote crossed my path driving to early grocery shopping this morning. He was trotting down the railroad tracks, waited for an opening in the auto traffic, and loped across at his same pace. City wildlife.
2. Cleaning a bookcase shelf this morning, organizing my journals for the Global Conference for Transformation. I have 14 or 15 of the 19 (#20 coming in June), and this treasure. See below.
3. The Soto family and I took a field trip this afternoon to Lindsay, TX, about an hour away.
4. St Peter Catholic Church is an incredibly restored, spotless, clearly much loved church near the Oklahoma border. We also visited the cemetery where there are four rows of graves (maybe 20 sites in the row) of babies — infants, toddlers, sometimes two in the same family a year apart — dating back to the nineteenth century. I can’t imagine how searing it would be to lose an infant, but it was far from unusual for families then. See below.
5. Baked potato with all the fixings for dinner. A favorite treat.
I’d love to hear what made you happy today.