Revisit March 26, 2019
5 things that made me happy today:
1. I had an early morning meeting and Max got himself out of the house and on the bus without me!
2. My early meeting was with Ruby’s counselor and teachers regarding her next school year. Again, the teachers at her schools, and Max’s, are so kind and supportive. I find it remarkable at large public schools. It’s a good reminder that I’m not in this adventure alone.
3. Max and I finally got the right length of chicken wire to make his compost bin. His knowledge and interest in all things green is kind of like showering in a fire hose but it is really cool that he has maintained his interest for 2 or 3 years. He has rearranged the front yard, literally and figuratively, half a dozen times since spring arrived. On the way back from the chicken wire purchase at the farm store, we took a detour to see
4. An amazing huge bearded iris plant in front of the middle school. I’m pretty certain it was guerilla planted as it’s clearly not part of the landscaping plan. I’m going to see if I can take a few rhizomes. I’ll post a pic in the comments.
5. Neighbors came by with a loaf of pumpkin bread this afternoon, to say they’d just heard of Kim’s passing, leading to a kitchen conversation with Max and
about grieving and loss and that everyone has it and how great it is to find that out.
And you, got some “things” of your own?
I love to read them.