Revisit March 13, 2019
5 things that made me happy today:
1. Max called me to come and watch the cedar wax wings across the street. There must have been hundreds. They were leaving the elm and swarming in the youpon holly tree. Swarming like a bunch of piranha. Lordy. What a sight. By the dozens, and flying back to the upper branches of the elm. Then,
2. Max called me to the back yard to watch 4 or 5 big bare trees full of cedar wax wings, as they murmured off into another youpon. Wow. Feeding frenzy. Amazing.
3. The fact that Max summoned me to both these events, only about 10 minute apart, and we stood, agape, watching and pointing out the best action to each other.
4. We made art at my house. Ruby set up an easel (she told me on that way that when I saw how many art supplies she brought, my eyes would bleed. Where did she learn that expression?) and went right to work with some of my most expensive paints. She made a great blue piece, with mounds of paint.
5. Wyatt, one of the Bengals, was named for my grandson and he was acting exactly like Wyatt this evening. He made me laugh. Kim and I named him together and I remembered some good times with her and those kittens. They are almost a year old now.
How about you? What made you happy today?
BONUS VIDEO: Finally caught these little hyperactive birds. Enjoy.