Revisit June 24, 2019
5 things that made me happy today:
1. A couple of errands with Max and Ruby, followed by iced drinks at Starbucks. Probably will be awake until midnight now! All of us!!
2. A really inept salesperson at REI but I have to give him kudos for trying to make it work! I thought he was going to tear up the pair of shorts while he was showing me what might fix it. (But clearly wouldn’t!)
3. Huge Black, the Bengal Marauder, and I tried to take a nap this afternoon. We were interrupted by Ruby using the copier, Jupiter licking my legs, Max angry about someone who’d been in his garden without their badge (!), and then my 30 minute alarm. Oh well.
4. Max moved his blooming orchids outside and they are stunning under the crepe myrtle. The blooms are 3 or 4" across and creamy white. There are 8 or 10 on each stem and they swoop down in a gentle curve. So surprising to see them in a suburban lawn!!
5. Comfort food for supper — grilled ham and cheese sandwich, made in a big skillet with butter and sourdough bread. Yum. Now I certainly won’t sleep until midnight!
How about you? What made you happy today? I love to read your notes!