Revisit August 5, 2019
5 things that made me happy today:
1. I got my oil changed at the neighborhood Kwik Kar and one of the mechanics always follows me to my car and gives me off-the-record advice about my car. They all know I live in the neighborhood (I walk home to wait for it) and I like to think they’re looking after me. This morning was no exception.
2. Ruby and her friend Sophia and I went shopping for school supplies this afternoon. It was about 30 or 40 minutes of stupid fun — we all love school supplies. We only got one really gratuitous thing — a feathered sea horse zipper pull. Really, how could we pass that up?? Oh, wait. I also bought a pencil bag made out of zippers that has big silver teeth inside the first zipper. And purple googly eyes. So two things.
3. Pulling things out of the garage to sell. Today: a bike trailer that fits two very small children. As Max and Ruby are now adult-sized, you can imagine how long that has been in the garage! Tomorrow it goes to a new home, courtesy of FB Marketplace, the new, easy place to sell single items.
4. I discovered that my iphone will make movies, with music, out of my photo collections (which it also curates). Today: Mardi Gras, Max’s garden, my cats.
5. Lemons. Every morning. Pow.
How about you? What made you happy today? I love to read about your things. Really I do.
28You, Diane Borgic, Victoria Sealy-Gillen and 25 others