Revisit August 27, 2020
FIVE THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY TODAY:
1. Family dinner tonight — Max and Ruby helped cook for all of us.
2. Max scratched together ingredients to make pasta carbonara based on recipes he’d seen on cooking shows. Pretty adventurous and pretty tasty.
3. The rest of us planned on a great slab of salmon with hoisin sauce, except there was no hoisin in the house. So we subbed terriyaki sauce which was much more liquid. It spread all over the pan, and “carbonized” in the oven, startling all of us as the smoke poured out of the vent on the top of the stove. Much yelling and pointing ensued, so I grabbed the pan with the salmon to pull it out of the oven, using an old oven mitt with a hole in the thumb and burned my finger pretty badly, dropping the salmon dish, which flipped in the air and landed, salmon side down, on the clean floor as the house cleaner person had just come today. It was still edible and quite tasty.
4. After dinner both Max and Ruby showed their works-in-progress PowerPoints for their Spanish classes — one on Colombia and one on Peru. They have such different strengths, reflected in their presentations.
5. Ruby called when school was out to ask me to come over to help her with her presentation. That was a treat!
I’d love to hear what made you happy today!