Revisit August 27, 2019
5 things that made me happy today:
1. Driving south on the toll road with Max (he’s home sick from school and, by midafternoon, was feeling better and bored to tears), he gives me a narrated tour of all the trees we could see. He doesn’t just know the names, he knows where they came from, if someone is taking good care of them, which other tree they are related to, etc. (We are trying to figure out how to move a cottonwood from his house to mine.)
2. Driving back north on Central Expressway, he did the same with many of the buildings — guessing very accurately the decade they were built, making comments on the materials used and the style. He is quite an expert on architecture as well.
3. While Manin and Ruby were at soccer practice, Max and I went shopping at Ranch 99 Market, an odd name for a huge Asian market. We were shopping for a fajita meal. T’heir produce is excellent. I have no idea what some of their other items are. I’ll be learning.
4. Making fajitas was a group project. We can add one meal to our three-meal repertoire now.
5. Ruby showed me a video she shot from the school bus of an armadillo high tailing it across the campus.
How about you? I love to read about your happy moments.