Revisit August 15, 2019
5 things that made me happy today:
1. Driving with Max in the car is taking a floral tour of the planet. He is full of facts about plants, their origins, their best environment, and, truly, about 20 other facts about each one. His encyclopedic knowledge is a window into a world that I don’t always see. Goodness.
2. Today I handed off an extra printer (long story) to a teacher stranger from a facebook group I follow. She was raising money to buy one for her 3rd grade classroom. How about I give you one, I wrote to her. Turns out, she teaches at Mount Auburn, a school that serves a lot of low income kids. I like to think about them printing up their things on what used to be my printer but is now theirs.
3. Linda Trinkle is a pretty fearless artist and sparked so much conversation today about some new things she is trying out. I learned a few things but I have way more questions than answers. I like that equation.
4. I heard from a friend in Africa who is a healer. She is ferocious and fun and sees right through people to their hearts. I love that she stays in touch with me and asks me to support her and I do whenever I can. It’s an honor.
5. I think 10th grade boys are my favorite demographic on the planet. It’s the grade I used to teach. I’m reminded every time Max and I have a little clash.
How about you? What made you happy today? I love it when you share.