Revisit April 9, 2019
FIVE THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY TODAY:
1. Calls from Ruby’s school counselor and one of her teachers — saying they miss her, they’re in her corner, they have some tips for getting her on line and up to speed. “Attending school” on line means no friends involved = hard to take for a social 13-year-old.
2. I moved my living room furniture around a couple of weeks ago when I started “schooling” Max and Ruby at my house. It’s now one big area, sofa to the side, big table in the middle, my lanky begonia getting plenty of sun by the front window. I can even get to the piano easily. I love my new house.
3. Ruby got up early this morning (or stayed up all night) and cut her hair. I like her new look!
4. I’m having fun using up odd food combinations to avoid a grocery trip (or ordering, which takes 3 or 4 days to get). Today’s lunch: mixed greens from a box, fresh blueberries, chopped up Swiss cheese, vegan ranch dressing (whatever that means), two Jimmy Dean sausage patties, and parmesan cheese. A little cheesy but very tasty. Served in the kitchen with all the windows open. Yum.
5. Great zoom call with Creative at noon. A little show and tell. Catching up. This fall will be 10 years since someone asked me to join this strong support group.
I’d love to hear what made you happy today.