Five things that made me happy today:
1. Max and I went shopping after school for some pants that fit. He’s lost about 30 pounds over the last many months and he needs a belt to keep his pants up. He’s trying out a new style for a few days to see if he wants a couple more pairs.
2. A friend and I met to trade puzzles. Lorlee Bartos has a bright green car and it looks pretty chipper beside my yellow baby. We kept looking around the parking lot where we met, disparaging the owners of silver, white, black, and gray cars. Sooooo boring.
3. I finished the puzzle I started right after Thanksgiving. On my free days, I got in some extended puzzle time. It was challenging fun and NO MISSING PIECES.
4. The giant pistache on my street is still holding its leaves. It’s a bluish red and really stands out.
5. Ruby’s working on a 27-slide presentation about Italy for her geography class. It’s due tomorrow and she’s a day behind because she was home Monday. She doesn’t seem fazed at all — just jumped right in with lots of ideas and has designed a great opening page.
PS. She got an A on her speech just before Thanksgiving. Go, Ruby!
I’d love to hear what made you happy today.