November 20, 2021
Five things that made me happy today:
1. Little juncos on the back patio every time I looked today. They are really skittish and I’ve never seen more than half a dozen at one time.
2. I trimmed up some of the bushes in front of my house this afternoon. The weather was pleasant and I got a couple of wheelbarrows full of clippings. Someone coming tomorrow to help me wheelbarrow them to the alley. Getting through the gates is dicey.
3. Long-ish conversation with my next door neighbor. We share front yard duties in this duplex. He mows both sides. I edge both sides. We both trim the shrubs in front of our own quarters. We think if our otherwise great landlady really cared about how the place looked, she’d sent a pro to do it a couple of times a year. So we both trim with gusto and have kind of a bad-haircut-y front yard.
4. Some puzzle time early this morning when the light is so fantastic in the front room.
5. Lots of reading time and catching up with the Great British Baking Show. Saturdays are great.
I’d love to hear what made you happy today.