May 8, 2021
Five things that made me happy today:
1. As soon as it was light, I mowed my backyard meadow and edged all the walks in the front of both sides of the duplex. My neighbor mows the front lawns once a week. And I learned how to turn my edger into a weed eater and trim the beds in front for both of us. I feel so accomplished!!
2. Max’s second presentation (for friends and family this time) was this morning and he just did an excellent job. There are calls for a repeat!
3. I made Max a poster for his room with mementos of the presentations and copies of complimentary notes he received. It’s pretty cool if I do say so. Now to find the wall space for it in his room!
4. My church sponsored an event to copy and laminate vaccination cards for members — mostly to make an occasion for vaccinated folks to see one another after a year. It was delightful.
5. Followed by a picnic in the backyard of friends who have mostly had Zoom contact for more than a year. And that was delightful too.
I’d love to hear what made you happy today or any day.