May 6, 2022. Friday.
Five things that made me happy today:
1. I started a tree inventory in my yard this morning, just for fun. I like to plant trees. I have two baby redbuds here. They started out pencil size and are now 2 or 3 feet tall with spreading branches. I have a couple of mulberry volunteers that are taller than I am. And my grandkids gave me a Chinese pistache last Christmas. Oh, and 8 or 10 volunteer oaks, including a cluster of three by my back gate that will be a serious foundation problem by the time I move. I should probably relocate them. That’s a pretty good start for a couple of years on a small city lot.
2. I discovered a new meaning of the word “auntie” yesterday. You will probably see it too in the next few days.
3. Max’s garden at his house is really beautiful this year. Pictures below. Plants follow him home like lost puppies and he has great instincts about where they belong in the yard.
4. The Partnership Explorations course is just wonderful again. Tomorrow is Community Day if you want to join us. 10 to 5 Central. Come and go to fit your schedule. On line.
5. Today was Max’s last day at the school building. I’m not sure how the next piece is going to go but I’m happy that this part is done. Graduation next Sunday. Whoopee!!
Your turn! What made you happy today?