May 5, 2022. Thursday.
Five things that made me happy today:
1. I love spring. Did I say that before? Balmy weather, green everywhere, my ice plant out front is blooming. I think this color is genuinely fuchsia. What do you think? (Note to self: learn some more color names.)
2. Today was Max’s last day of classes. (Although Einstein threw a curve by calling a meeting for seniors tomorrow morning to rehearse graduation. No fair, Einstein.) Go, Max. Senior dinner next week. Graduation next Sunday.
3. The Soto family celebrated with a trip to Milky Treats on Legacy. They have really good home made ice cream.
4. It’s right around the corner from Mathnasium, so Ruby and I went there and on the drive home I regaled her with stories of Kim in high school, including when I sent her to the Post Office to register for the draft. Silly and telling on many levels.
5. I had one scoop of coffee ice cream at 5 pm. I think that might have been a mistake. Can you tell?
And you? What made you happy today? Or any day?