May 2, 2022. Monday.
Five things that made me happy today:
1. A l.o.n.g hot drink at Corner Bakery. They have good chai.
2. Household admin work: insurance claims, handled some IRS business, paid some bills, cleaned out my file box of unnecessary records. You know. A bit of housekeeping. I always feel so accomplished, like it’s above and beyond the call of duty.
3. Got up really really early this morning to watch a spectacular lightning storm. When I first woke up, I thought it might be the end of the world, and had a brief question if I was dressed properly.
4. Worked about an hour on my current puzzle. I’m down to the last 100 pieces or so — where I start keeping track of how many pieces I find during a sitting. It was 23 today. Meh.
5. Looking forward to some good reading and sleeping tonight. Some small storms expected. The rain is really good for all the green things.
Your turn. What made you happy today?