May 19, 2022. Thursday.
Five things that made me happy today:
1. Harvested a bunch of seeds from the Texas Star plant in the Soto yard. A native plant, it’s an enthusiastic spreader in the sun. It has filled up many square feet of their garden and gone to seed. My win for next year.
2. A bunch of household chores today. I always feel like such a grown up. Changed the furnace filters. They’re in the attic so I have to go up early in the hot weather. Changed the kitty litter. Swept the floor of plant debris in a couple of rooms. A load of dishes. You know, chores.
3. Twenty-five pieces on the puzzle so far today. It goes faster at the very end when there are only 100 or so pieces to go. I’m telling you, this one is hard. But so satisfying.
4. This little Texas anole was in callas this afternoon and he couldn’t have been a more perfect match. It’s one of my favorite Texas animals. Google away on the pronunciation. I have always preferred the two syllable version. The other one just sounds silly to me.
5. Off line now to use some remaining daylight to work on that puzzle. It’s getting there!
And you? Tell it — what made you happy today!!