Five things that made me happy today:
1. Max and I cut down a volunteer tree that had gotten too big for the side yard. It was not a pretty job, but it is done. Max brings home trees like other kids bring home puppies.
2. Later, Max carried out a ridiculous and funny exercise with shaving his legs. He is a bear. Enough said.
3. My older Christmas cactus is working its way up to blooming, I am just noticing. It did not bloom last year, if I remember correctly. It is a favorite plant of mine.
4. Chickadees in my back yard this afternoon. Not a bird I often see in town. They are one of the first few dozen birds I learned to identify as a child.
5. Wonderful zoom call with friends tonight who belong to those-who-have-lost-a-child, the fraternity no one wants to join. Heartwarming and heartbreaking and a privilege to be in such a support group.
I’d love to hear what made you happy today. Always.