Five things that made me happy today:
1. Red the Rabbit is feeding this evening
2. A mockingbird seems to be nesting in the hedge in front of my house. They sang for hours today. I was in the front room with Ruby and working on my puzzle off and on with an open window. One of my favorite bird songs. I think one had a nest there last year but the hedge is really thick and I could never find it.
3. Leisurely cup of tea with Cynthia Durham this morning. We have spent hours on zoom the last year and it was heavenly to catch a hug and visit in person! Yay, vaccine and being careful for a year.
4. Ruby is completely engaged in a diorama she is building about Greek gods. Unbeknownst to me, she has been planning and sketching for weeks. It will be quite the production. She came over to find supplies and get started. Rexie the cat helped.
5. Supper with the Soto family. Mañin Soto is the only dad I know who will drive through three restaurants to satisfy his kids for a “take out” dinner. Some of our best conversations are around the table and in the kitchen afterwards.
I’d love to hear what made you happy today.