March 20, 2021
Five things that made me happy today:
1. A long brunch in the sun with the woman who bought my old Fit. Lots of things to talk about. (The car got about 60 seconds.) It’s fun to find so many connections.
2. Jupiter the dog also loves the sun. When I let him out of the house (he is a house dog), he splays out on the warm patio and puts his chin on the ground. Looks like someone dropped him — which is funny and a little bit alarming for an 85 pound dog.
3. His family returned today from a good trip, so I hear. We’re both happy to have them back, nearby.
4. My own catio floor is developing cracks as the fencing slats we used for the floor are drying out — so I ordered fancy artificial grass to make the perfect cat rug. It came today and the cats seem to like it. It’s very soft grass. And shaggy.
5. Baby bunny is zipping out from his hidey hole (and back in) as soon as I vacate the yard. He must be already foraging for his own food. Or something has happened to Mom Red Rabbit. I hope it’s the former.
I’d love to hear what made you happy today.
2Becky Raymond and Chuck Kallenbach