June 12, 2021
Five things that made me happy today:
1. Church. Always. The music was outstanding today.
2. I watched one of the squirrels this morning biting off a cosmos blossom and scampering to the top of the fence where he sat to enjoy nibbling the whole thing.
3. Ruby’s soccer game was a rout. The matches are made based solely on the age of the players. Although the other girls were the same age as the Chili Peppers, they were way way more experienced and thoroughly trounced our team. (11 or 12 to 0. They quit keeping score after 8–0.) Plus we only had five players on the field. None of that made me happy.
What did make me happy is all the girls, winner and losers, kept going 100% for the whole game.
4. Eric Loehr consulted with Max on a gardening issue. Max was stumped on this one but I love that he’s consulted and is usually a good resource.
5. Sun. Bingeing on The Wire. Unscheduled talk with a friend of many years and many projects. One more helping of that cobbler from yesterday and tossed the remainder. Five stars to this Sunday.
I’d love to hear what made your day today.