July 31, 2021
Five things that made me happy today:
1. Early-ish morning at the Farmers’ Market in Richardson. They don’t start quite early enough for me, so I got there while some folks were still setting up. Which is a nice time. Fresh blueberries and some Texas corn. Yum.
2. A quick run to Rooster Hardware. They are my second favorite hardware store, but the “real” Elliott’s is too far away now. (Elliott’s didn’t move. I did.) Black & Decker hedge trimmer to make my five-branches-off-the-privet promise become real.
3. A quick SBUX stop for iced chai — morning dessert.
4. How could I be so close to White Rock Lake and not visit my favorite bay — Sunset — and feed the ducks and geese. See pic below of Bunnies With Bills. They come from all over when they see a human making feeding motions! For a few minutes I feel like a farm woman.
5. More Hoarders inspiration as I clean up, sort, toss out, recycle little piles of things in the house and garage. But, damn, it is 100+ midday today. Way too hot for serious work.
I’d love to hear what made you happy today.