FIVE THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY TODAY:
1. Sitting under a spreading live oak tree in a friend’s front yard this morning, social distancing, talking for hours. Zoom is great but in person is so much better. We were co-workers in the 70s at The Women’s Center of Dallas, making history.
2. Admiring her wild front garden where everything blooming is shades of yellow and orange.
3. Getting Ruby lined up for school in the fall — forms, deposits, classes, etc. She’s excited and so am I.
4. Bunny report: Yet a different, new adult is out tonight, lying in the dusty depression they all seem to like in the back yard. Must be a change in texture they like.
5. Happened upon an odd documentary last night, Four Seasons Lodge, about a resort in the Catskills that was largely occupied/owned by Jews who had survived Holocaust camps. Thoughtful and inspiring. I kept thinking about it all day today. Not happy-making but extremely well done. And that makes me happy.
How about you? I love to read about what made you happy today.