Five things that made me happy today:
1. Another beautiful mild summer day with Spectacular clouds. Must be just the right amount of humidity. At least once an hour I think, I need to take a shot of that for The Cloud Appreciation Society. But I restrain myself.
2. Long conversation at breakfast with a friend about family history. I am surprised at how many names (of other families) I can remember from childhood. (Most of my childhood, from 8 or 9, was spent away from my home town, moving around with my Army dad, so it’s not like we all went K-12 together.)
3. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone, with a real person (in Jamaica), with customer service for my Kindle this morning. It’s the third or fourth time in 10 or 12 years of owning a Kindle. They are really good and patient and the wait time in the queue was less than a minute. Excellent.
4. The daylilies are out in full force. So many varieties. And next to impossible to capture but I’m going to try again tomorrow.
5. Now that my Kindle is fixed, I’m getting back into my favorite heavy reading tonight. Can’t wait.
I’d love to hear what made you happy today.