January 18, 2022
Five things that made me happy today:
1. We fold the laundry on the dining room table at the Soto house. When I left early this morning after folding a load and letting the dog out (no one went to school today), two of the cats were snuggled in the warm, folded clothes. The heat from the dryer stays in the clothes a long time. Cats know.
2. I finished binge-watching the second season of Cheer. It’s got everything I like in a documentary series — pretty people, smart people, athletic people, a little suspense, some interesting back stories, etc. No stunning scenery, but, really, it’s Corsicana and Athens, TX.
3. A longish nap this afternoon when I stopped coughing. I can’t figure out what makes a difference, so I just have to sleep when the coughing stops.
4. I got really good chicken orzo soup for lunch from Corner Bakery, a favorite near-by breakfast hang out. It was delicious.
5. Mañin Soto brought everyone hot food for lunch. His company policy is, with active covid in the house, you stay home until the patients test negative. We’re hoping to get out of Covid jail on Friday. Keep your fingers crossed.
And you? What made you happy today?