January 15, 2022
Five things that made me happy today:
1. A great zoom class during which I got to tell a true story that would only be funny to those who were in the course. And it was very funny.
2. I put away my last puzzle and got out one I had tried before but given up as just way too hard. I am making substantial progress. I can see my puzzle skills have increased during Covid. I’ll have to remember to list that as a pandemic benefit in the future.
3. I found this collapsible wagon in the alley this morning. It needs a good scrub but seems to be a complete gift from the Great Free Library in the Sky.
4. I made quinoa for supper — sweet, not savory. I had about half a cup of Red Inca (whatever that is) and it was so tasty. I must have got it from the bulk bin long ago because the label was handwritten on a piece of painter tape. Perfect supper on a very chilly night.
5. I fashioned a repair on my back gate in the gale winds this afternoon. Apparently the gate post has settled and the horizontal part no longer connects with the moving part, the “finger-tip release latch.” I looked it up. Plus the second screw from the right has totally reamed out the screw hole and is no longer keeping the horizontal part horizontal.
Living in a succession of rent houses during my growing up years (including the government as my landlord), I learned how to do a variety of mostly unnoticeable repairs, including putting a wooden match in a reamed out screw hole so the screw would hold again. Voila!! Fixed for the moment.
And you? What made you happy today?