Friday, July 29, 2022
Five things that made me happy today:
1. One l.o.n.g cuppa chai with one of my longest-time Dallas friends. I must be starved for an audience because there was a steady stream of words issuing from my very mouth.
2. We just had 10 minutes of rain. I spent several years in Oklahoma as a child and I had the urge to go running down the street screaming (frequent behavior then) but I suppressed ithe urge and just moved all my container plants out to catch more drops. Temp also dropped about 15 degrees in just a few minutes.
3. A friend send me a doc of the beginning of the Dallas Museum of Art in 1984, including a few seconds of the ground breaking, which I think I remember attending — in my rabbit jacket, my skinny jeans. See below.
Somewhere I have a polaroid with Eric Loehr and Kim Loehr Soto, there as well , but all the pieces don’t quite fit together. Memory is like that, right?
Edited to add: I did find the Kim/Eric photo, but can’t figure out how to add but my brain is done for the day. I’ll come back.
4. Anticipating weekend highlights — a trip to @Hirsch’s Meats for marrow bones, a family dinner, church, and probably some napping.
5. Quiet evening coming up with some more Ken Wilber reading.
And you? I love to hear what made you happy. Any day.