December 10, 2021
Five things that made me happy today:
1. My dracena, sporadic performer, has started performing again. I moved him indoors a couple weeks ago and just plopped him down. He’s a little weather-beaten from a summer outdoors, but he’s going to town with new growth. Maybe the Christmas lights?
2. Max and Ruby are home with strep again today and bored to whatever. So we took another trip to Sunset Bay. Ruby recognizes some of the geese we fed on Wednesday. (Max slept through that trip.) Didn’t see the fat Mrs Grey Goose, but these two black fellows came back. I think they’re domestic Cayugas, taking their own vacation from a boring back yard.
3. I’m happy to finish my incredibly-bad-scholarship book and just have the epilogue to breeze through tonight.
4. Right this very moment I saw a way to rearrange a shelf here in my office/kitchen to make things more plant-y. So I did. Nice.
5. Eggnog and Epilogue time. Back tomorrow.
I’d love to hear what made you happy today!