August 30, 2021
Five things that made me happy today:
1. Monday and Max and Ruby are both back in school for the full day. I’m feeling a little more stable about this school year and that makes me happy.
2. It feels like little baby steps of progress on two family projects that mainly involve spending various 15 and 20 minute intervals on hold until a different voice comes on the line, asks you for 4 or 5 identifying pieces of information, and gives you another clue to reach the end of the labyrinth and avoid the minotaur. It’s that kind of day and revealing that I considering that happy-making.
3. Spectacular clouds through most of the morning and early afternoon dissolving into little spurts of dense cumulus fluff low in the sky by 6 pm.
4. Dinner was ready-made ravioli with some roast chicken from the grocery store. Pretty tasty.
5. I tried out Max’s VR goggles. I think that’s what they’re called. That was fun and funny. It’s very bizarre to look down at your hands and see giant metallic claws.
And you? I’d love to hear what made you happy today!