August 24, 2021
Five things that made me happy today:
1. I was able to spend some time with Ruby today, de-stressing from the start of a high school year after 17 or 18 months of home school mashup. She has a lot of ideas about how to organize for the future. Go, Ruby.
2. I got about a third of my studio table cleaned off in preparation for making some art soon. Little stacks of this and that nearly cover the surface so it’s not really a “work” space. A little more room now and even more to come.
3. About an hour of my day was spent listening to various hold music, dealing with the kids’ insurance company. I had to work through four people to get a preliminary answer. I think I made some progress. Time will tell.
4. Good thing I had a little puzzle time under my belt before the insurance offices opened. I was quite patient and good natured with the various departments.
5. The doves have chatted with other doves in the neighborhood and are cleaning out the seams between my patio pavers. Besides sorghum seed left there, there must be some real goodies; they stay quite a while.
I’d love to her what made you happy today. Or any day.