August 21, 2021
Five things that made me happy today:
1. I got to share my Five Things practice with a couple hundred people in the Relating and Relationship course today where I was a guest. Community Gatherings are just the best way to get a shot of transformation for free. Let me know if you need one.
2. Early morning yard work. Already nearly 90 at 7 am. AND the grass was wet and really long. Exhausted. But the back yard looks pretty darn good for another month.
3. I also did a secret good deed for my neighbor (who mows my lawn with his once a week). I trimmed along the edge of his drive way and alley with my trusty little Black & Decker lawn tool. Looks pretty good, too.
4. My living room fire alarm kept going off today. Holy cow, it is loud. Not happy about the erratic alarm. Happy that my landlady is sending my favorite handy man on Monday to look into it. In the meantime, I got it dismantled and silent.
5. One of the buttons on the alarm says
Which I thought amusing AND a great illustration of the vagaries of the English language. No wonder it’s so hard to learn to spell.
And you? What made you happy today? I love to read about it.