August 12, 2021
Five things that made me happy today:
1. A screech owl was softly purring this morning when I walked into the Soto house. So hard to tell where they are (thanks, Amy Martin) but I love to hear their song.
2. A cold drink with friends at a favorite Starbucks. There is outside shade deep into the morning so it’s a good spot for long conversations.
3. I have back-to-back zoom calls with friends on Thursdays and each of them is so affirming and loving. And completely different. I’m happy we have zoom. More than I ever imagined.
4. Max’s school had Meet the Teacher night. Ruby went with us. The school is so full of good energy and they are being so careful about Covid protocols. And Max is really excited to be going in person again. This weird Covid year has been a blessing in disguise for both of them.
5. I re-watched The Lady in the Van. (Thanks, Carol Currie, excellent suggestion.) Maggie Smith is just so much fun to watch.
And you? What made you happy today? I’d love to hear about it.