Five things that made me happy today:
1. Cicadas. They are even louder than my tinnitus. They were so loud that I thought something was seriously wrong with my car motor as I was driving down the alley. Really, I almost stopped to see what could possibly be making such a racket!!
2. First day of school for Ruby. (I tried taking Max but he doesn’t start until next Monday!) Up early, dressed, fixed herself some lunch, packed a full backpack (lockers later this week), etc. She has her fourth period class (which includes lunch) with her BFF. Looks like a wonderful year.
3. Surprising discovery: A group I follow (Strong Towns) turns out to also be a group Max follows via one of his news sources. He surprised me today by explaining what a Stroad was (street+ road) that was a feature on the Strong Towns web site this morning. Holy cow! He completely got what the story was about and we talked about the implications.
4. Finished up another puzzle yesterday. Marcia Niemann, you and mom might want this one. Fairly complicated, enormous pieces, just the right attention required. See below.
5. Weekly chat with my Partnership buddies. Our weekend was profoundly impactful. They and most of my classmates have been doing Landmark work for decades. Next and last weekend of this year’s course is October 15, 16, 17. Anyone over 15 is welcome to join the conversation that Saturday.
You? What made you happy today? I’d love to hear about it.