April 24, 2021
Five things that made me happy today:
1. Another pyrrhuloxia spotted in the back yard today. A little out of his range. They are stunning birds.
2. My tiny tiny red bud trees were delivered today and planted. I had ordered two as part of a fundraiser the local high school is doing. If they develop into trees it will be a miracle. They are the size of a pencil, with bare roots. I didn’t read the small print!
3. I edged the front yard (and my neighbor’s) this morning. My little electric weed eater that becomes a lawn mower is quite efficient. And perfect for my needs.
4. Carry out dinner at home with the Soto family and Ruby’s overnight guest. (Ruby ordered for me via FaceTime while they went through the line) The girls got their nails done (dagger like acrylics) and then painted and did crafts all afternoon.
5. Some relaxing hours with my puzzle and classical music plus some Saturday NPR on my tiny tinny radio — which is also perfect for my needs.
I’d love to hear what made you happy today.